Operating a Business in NLR


On this page, you will find essential information for individuals operating a business in North Little Rock. See the menu items on the left for more details on specific topics such as business licenses and taxes. Below, you will find general business-related information.

Corporations and Limited Partnerships - Corporations and Limited Partnerships must be registered with the Arkansas Secretary of State. The Secretary of State’s Corporations Clerk will assist you in registering if you visit them at 256 State Capitol or call (501) 682-5151 for more information. 

Registering DBAs - DBAs (Doing Business As) or business names must be registered with the Pulaski County Clerk’s Office, 401 W. Markham St. Their phone number is (501) 340-8330. 

State Wages, Rates, and Information - Information about wages in Arkansas, rates and other information can be obtained from the Department of Labor, 10421 West Markham Street, Little Rock, (501) 682-4505.

SCORE - The Service Corporation of Retired Executives operates under the auspices of the U.S. Small Business Administration, 320 West Capitol Avenue, Little Rock, (501) 324-5893.